We have provided you with some of our competitive rates in your area, which we have determined to be 02703.
|Supplier||Plan||Energy Term Length||Rate|
|36 Month Home Power Plan||36 month fixed||11.49¢|
|Live Brighter 12||12 month fixed||12.19¢|
|Live Brighter 18||18 month fixed||11.69¢|
|6 Month Home Power Plan||6 month fixed||11.99¢|
|12 Month Green Home Power Plan||12 month fixed||12.69¢|
We have 6 more plans available in 02703.Shop Rates
Get to know your options for energy providers in Massachusetts
Energy choice in Massachusetts got its start in 1997 with the Electric Industry Restructuring Act, which gives residents the opportunity to shop for the supply portion of their energy bill. The Act, as it is commonly known, was enacted to introduce competition among energy suppliers to drive down electric prices in Massachusetts.
Despite its 20-year history, deregulated energy is still a mystery to many in the state. The truth is, behind the complicated language, deregulated energy can be a simple way to save money on your electricity supply each month. Here, we’ll answer your questions about energy choice and the sign-up process to give you the confidence to compare plans today. In a nutshell, here's the process:
- Enter your ZIP above.
- Find an electricity supply plan that's right for you.
- Sign up with your new provider.
Get started now by entering your ZIP above.
What is energy choice?
Energy choice is the opportunity to shop for the supply portion of your energy bill. If you haven’t examined your energy bill in a while, you may be surprised to find the energy service delivered to your home is split up into three parts: supply, transmission and delivery. Energy supply describes the cost of energy purchased from the source of generation. This portion of your energy service makes up the bulk of your bill and is the part you can choose. Energy transmission involves the transportation of energy from the source to your utility’s distribution center. From there, the energy is delivered from the utility to your home.
Ready to give energy choice a try? Enter your ZIP in the space above and see what's available in your area.
In Massachusetts, your utility will continue to bill you for your energy supply, transmission and delivery services regardless of your chosen energy supplier. Once you start energy supply service from your alternative supplier, its billing information will appear on your utility bill in a separate part of the page. This creates a smoother transition for customers new to energy choice.
How are energy rates in Massachusetts determined?
Energy rates from your supplier and utility are determined by similar factors – with some exceptions. These factors that might impact your energy rates in Massachusetts are weather, energy availability, local regulation and supplier.
- Weather can positively or negatively influence energy prices based on the principle of supply and demand. For instance, in warmer climates, energy prices may rise in the summer with the increased use of air conditioning. On the other hand, high winds may drive down prices of wind-energy for regions with turbines.
- Energy availability can also heavily influence energy rates. If the supply of fuels goes down due to troubles at the power plant, energy prices will rise.
- Regulation, such as that from the Public Utility Commission, affects utility customers because the regulative body is in charge of approving rates set by the utility. Rules may change depending on your location, but rates are most often approved by the PUC twice a year.
- Suppliers can influence energy supply prices because some companies may charge more for their extra benefits – such as customer service or online tools.
What plans are available in Massachusetts?
Energy supply prices by your utility are subject to change multiple times a year due to the volatility of the energy market. If you choose an alternative energy supplier, you have a choice between this ever-changing plan, known as a variable-rate plan, and a fixed-rate plan with rates that stay the same for the duration of your agreement.
What should you know about energy plans before you make a decision?
- Variable-rate plans allow you to gamble with the price of energy and receive lower prices if the wholesale price of energy drops. However, if the price of energy rises drastically due to energy use spikes – such as those in the summer – a variable-rate plan may seem less attractive.
- Fixed-rate plans may seem higher than variable-rate plans at first, but will not change for the duration of your agreement. This means that even during high energy-use months, you will not be affected by rate spikes.
Use this knowledge and start exercising your right to find your own energy plan now. Start by entering your ZIP code above.
How do I sign up?
Choose Energy can help lead you to your new energy supply plan in minutes. Compare electric prices in Massachusetts today and start saving on your energy supply. Here’s how to sign up for a new supply plan:
- To start, enter your ZIP code and our system will show you energy supply plans available in your area.
- Once you’ve chosen your supply plan, enter the application form. For this step, you will need to punch in your contact information, address and utility account number.
No need to schedule a technician for installation. After completing your application, your utility company will be notified of the change and start your alternative supply service at the beginning of your next billing cycle.
Get started today!
Competition is always good, and was time to part ways with my current supplier. I have a very energy efficient home that is totally electric, and the time has come to get the best electric rate possible.
Yes. Price savings.
Russ, Pembroke, MA
Massachusetts electricity suppliers
When it comes to being energy efficient, some states do a better job being green than others. While many states have initiatives in place that benefit the environment, not all…