In Ohio, you can choose your electricity and natural gas suppliers. Over 4.2 million households and a quarter million businesses in Ohio have already switched suppliers. Switch now and enjoy the same reliable service - now on your own terms. Need a good reason to switch suppliers? Ohioans saved up to 23% on electricity bills by switching.
We have provided you with some of our competitive rates in your area, which we have determined to be 44060.
|Supplier||Plan||Energy Term Length||Price per kWh|
|12 Month Home Power Plan||12 month fixed||5.99¢|
|36 Month Home Power Plan||36 month fixed||5.89¢|
|Live Brighter 12||12 month fixed||6.19¢|
|12 Month Green Home Power Plan||12 month fixed||6.39¢|
|12 Months Fixed||12 month fixed||5.89¢|
We have 9 more plans available in 44060.Shop Rates
Who can buy deregulated energy plans in Ohio?
If you live in a deregulated area of Ohio, you have a choice of where to buy your energy supply. You are not required to purchase a new energy plan; if you decide not to, your local utility company will still provide your home or business’s power at its default rate.
However, you could find that you are paying more for your monthly electricity and natural gas supply than your neighbors who purchased a deregulated energy plan. This is because a utility’s default rate can be higher than the competitive energy plans offered on the Choose Energy marketplace.
But not all Ohio residents are eligible to purchase a deregulated energy plan. To find out if your home or business can benefit from the deregulated energy market, visit the Choose Energy marketplace. If you do reside in a deregulated area of Ohio, you can take advantage of the countless offers and incentives offered through Choose Energy’s Ohio energy partners.
How energy deregulation in Ohio came about
The Ohio General Assembly passed Senate Bill 3 in 1999, beginning process of deregulating the Ohio energy market. Prior to this bill, the Ohio electricity market was made up of a few powerful utility companies that set energy rates. To help Ohio customers, the Ohio General Assembly put forth a plan to follow other states’ example and deregulate the energy market.
In 2001, Senate Bill 3 went into effect, lowering energy rates in Ohio for home and business owners. Through Choose Energy’s deregulated energy marketplace, many Ohio customers now have a choice between electricity providers that offer competitive rates and a vast range of plans.
What types of plans and products are offered in Ohio?
- Fixed-rate plan: A fixed-rate plan offers Ohio energy customers the most stability; within this plan type, customers pay a constant rate for an electricity or natural gas supply every month, no matter how the energy market’s default rate fluctuates. Fixed-rate plans come in various term lengths, ranging from six months to three years.
- Variable-rate plan: A variable-rate plan often has the customer paying a different rate every month of the plan’s length, depending on fluctuating electricity rates. However, this varying rate can cost less than the utility’s default rate and does not come with any early cancellation fees if you choose to cancel the plan.
- Prepaid plan: A prepaid plan can be a great choice for Ohio customers who don’t want to submit to a credit check or pay a plan deposit. For a prepaid plan, the customer will pay for a specific amount of electricity or natural gas upfront and then stay informed by the supplier throughout the month about his or her usage and account balance.
- Green/Renewable energy plan: Most Ohio energy suppliers offer green or renewable energy plans for customers who want to minimize their environmental impact. These plans can be fixed-rate or variable-rate and can use up to 100% of its energy from renewable sources.
- Home Services: Some Ohio energy suppliers do more than just provide your electricity or natural gas. Direct Energy, Constellation and other Choose Energy partners offer customers additional home services, such as HVAC installation, roof repairs and more.
Had it not been for Choose Energy, I would not have been able to get such a low rate with other great benefits too.
Linda, Madison, OH
I saved and now I have a great rate!
Walter, Maria Stein, Ohio
Ohio electricity & natural gas suppliers
Ohio Electricity and Natural Gas Choice Find out how Ohio energy deregulation has given you the power to make an apples to apples electricity and natural gas comparison to help …