Compare Electricity Rates in Texas
We have provided you with some of our competitive rates in your area, which we have determined to be 77494.
|Supplier||Plan||Energy Term Length||Rate|
|Live Brighter 12||12 month fixed||9.90¢|
|Eagle 6||6 month fixed||9.30¢|
|Free Power Weekends 12||12 month fixed||10.20¢|
|Eagle 12||12 month fixed||10.20¢|
|Eagle 36||36 month fixed||10.00¢|
We have 58 more plans available in 77494.Shop Rates
What types of plans and products are offered?
- Fixed-rate plans: Fixed-rate plans provide customers with some stability in their monthly energy bill because the rate a customer signs up with is the rate he or she pays for the entire term-length of the plan’s contract. Because a fixed-rate plan sometimes spans two-three years, these plans often require a customer credit check and can include early cancellation fees. Note that monthly bills can still vary due to usage.
- Variable-rate plans: As you might have guessed from the name, variable-rate plans have rates that can fluctuate from month to month, depending on the natural rise and fall of electricity prices. These plans are often short term and therefore do not require contracts.
- Indexed rate plans: Indexed rate plans are similar to variable-rate plans, in that the monthly rate can fluctuate. However, the fluctuations are a result of a standardized index that customers can follow, offering a high level of transparency for users.
- Prepaid plans: Prepaid electricity plans are a popular choice in Texas because they do not require any deposit, credit check or contract. Customers who sign up for a prepaid plan pay a certain amount for electricity upfront and are notified throughout the month on usage and outstanding balances.
- Green/Renewable energy plans: Renewable energy usage can be a part of any of the plans listed above. While some green energy plans only source 6% of green energy, others can use up to 100% of green energy. Every plan on the Choose Energy marketplace will list what percentage of green energy it includes, making it easy for customers to help the environment.
- Home services: Several of Choose Energy’s electric supply partners offer a range of home services aimed at helping customers save energy and money. These services include HVAC installation, roof repairs, window upgrades and more.
Visit the Choose Energy marketplace now to find a plan that’s right for you.
How did Texas energy deregulation come about?
After Senate Bill 7 went into effect in January 2002, almost 6 million power customers became eligible to choose their energy supplier. That number has grown steadily through the years. By deregulating the state’s energy market, the Texas Senate gave constituents the power to choose. The process of energy deregulation in Texas dismantled the utilities’ monopoly over the electric market and encouraged customers to explore their energy options.
Whichever retail electric provider a customer chooses, the Texas Public Utility Commission guarantees the safe and reliable power delivery to all customers. Because of energy deregulation, Texas customers can support the state’s energy production and save money on monthly energy rates.
Ready to find and compare rates that fit your budget? Visit the Choose Energy marketplace.
I was having a hard time getting transparent rates for my home as there were so many fliers I got in the mail and ads on TV. ChooseEnergy.com made the ability to compare and sign-up easy
Jason, Houston, TX
I am with you now in Mesquite, Tx and have save $20 to $40 a month for 3 years! Now I'm moving to Rockwall and using you over all the others as I trust you and am buying a new mattress with the savings.
Electricity suppliers in Texas
Texas Power to Choose Thanks to deregulation, which was enacted over a decade ago, Texas residents and businesses have the power to choose who supplies their electricity. What is deregulation? …
We’re so excited to share some huge news! Today, we flip the switch on the small business electricity marketplace in Texas. Small business owners like …