Moving is a giant hassle, even in Texas. Movers in the state have to take care of a number of tasks, including finding an energy provider. Choose Energy® is happy to help. How? By making sure Texas movers get the straight scoop. Read on; then when you’re ready to shop, enter your ZIP code above.
What Texas movers should know
- Texas movers can secure a rate today for a plan that doesn’t start at their new address for up to 90 days.
- Texas movers currently under contract with retail electric providers are eligible to change providers without an early termination fee as long as they provide proof of the move (such as a forwarding address).
- Most Texas homes have smart meters, which means service will be activated remotely. An electrician won’t need to come to the home.
- A rule of thumb for determining electricity usage in a different home: Households use on average 1 kilowatt hour (kWh) per square foot for a family of four. That means a family of four moving into an 1,800-square-foot home would use about 1,800 kWh per month.
- After completing the move, be sure to contact the electricity provider at the old residence to ensure service has been canceled.
How Choose Energy can help
Who is Choose Energy?
We are a marketplace committed to educating visitors about energy deregulation and helping them find an energy plan that fits their needs. Our easy-to-use online marketplace identifies available suppliers, facilitates plan comparisons, and assists in signing up for service – all in a matter of minutes. We work with trusted providers including TXU Energy, Direct Energy, and Reliant Energy.
Why should I choose Choose Energy?
We take the mystery and hassle out of shopping for Texas energy providers. Enter your ZIP code above to start comparing plans. By choosing a plan from our selection of vetted suppliers, you can rest easy knowing you’ll receive reliable electricity. Even after you’ve settled in, Choose Energy keeps working for you. We keep track of when your contract expires and will let you know when it’s time to start shopping for a new plan again.