Gexa Energy is one of the leading energy providers in Texas, especially for green energy. It’s also a popular energy provider on the Choose Energy marketplace and meets our strict criteria. We vet each partner to confirm they are reliable, offer a variety of plans, and provide excellent customer service.
Types of rates offered by Gexa Energy
Like most other Texas electricity providers, Gexa Energy offers two types of energy plans: fixed-rate and variable-rate.
- Fixed-rate plans: You’ll have the same Gexa Energy rate throughout your contract. Gexa’s fixed-rate plans come in 12-, 24-, and 36-month term lengths. We recommend a fixed-rate plan for customers who prefer to have a stable and predictable energy bill.
- Variable-rate plans: A variable-rate plan means your Gexa Energy rate will fluctuate monthly based on changes in the energy market. When demand is lower, your rate will likely decrease. However, your rate will also spike as demand increases. These plans are best for renters or those who need the flexibility to switch their electricity anytime.
Type in your ZIP code to find Gexa electricity plans and rates.
No-deposit options from Gexa Energy
Although Gexa Energy does not offer no-deposit electricity or prepaid plans, you can waive the initial deposit if you qualify. Your eligibility is determined based on your credit score.
Green energy with Gexa Energy
Green energy plans use energy sources such as solar power and wind power that do not emit carbon emissions in the generation process. Gexa Energy’s residential plans use 100% green energy at no extra cost. Its parent company, NextEra Energy Resources, is one of the world’s leading renewable power generators from wind and solar sources.
Moving or transferring service with Gexa Energy
If you are moving to an area Gexa Energy serves, it’s easy to transfer your service to your new address. If Gexa Energy doesn’t serve your new neighborhood, you can disconnect your service without paying an early termination fee (ETF) and switch energy providers.
Renting with Gexa Energy
Gexa Energy also offers plans ideal for customers who only plan to use an energy provider for a short time. These variable-rate plans have no contracts or fees for switching providers. You can also explore Gexa Energy plans with term lengths that match your rental agreement.
There is no fee for canceling a variable-rate plan, but Gexa Energy charges an ETF if you cancel its fixed-rate plans before your contract expires. You’ll pay a $150 cancellation fee for a 12-month plan and $295 on 24-month and 36-month plans. But the company will waive the ETF if you move outside the Gexa Energy service area.
Gexa Energy offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee to new customers. You won’t have to pay the ETF if you switch to a different Gexa Energy plan within 60 days of starting your service.
Gexa Energy business electricity
Gexa Energy provides affordable energy plans to businesses of all types and sizes. Visit our business electricity page and submit the form to receive a customized commercial energy quote.
If you have a business in California, Gexa will start serving the state in the next few months. You can ask for a quote today.
Other Gexa Energy initiatives
Gexa Energy offers a variety of initiatives to help its customers make the most of their service. These include:
- Free smart thermostats: Customers who sign up for one of Gexa’s Energy Saver plans can receive two free thermostats with professional installation. To qualify, you must live in a single-family home in the CenterPoint or Oncor service territories.
- Green energy rewards: Customers who save energy during “Green Rewards Events” can earn credits toward their next energy bill.
- Free nighttime EV charging: Gexa Energy offers free EV charging overnight with select plans.
- Business energy solutions: Gexa Energy Solutions provides various energy efficiency solutions for businesses, such as lighting and HVAC upgrades.