TXU Energy is one of the top energy providers in the state. We partner with the most trusted electricity companies at Choose Energy, and we only feature providers who meet and maintain our criteria. Reliability, plan variety, affordability, and customer satisfaction are all categories in which TXU Energy excels.
Types of rates offered by TXU Energy
There are several types of TXU Energy plans, including fixed- and variable-rate options.
- Fixed-rate plans: With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a set rate per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the electricity you use each month. Most fixed-rate contracts last between 12 and 36 months. This plan is best for those who want stability and protection from changes in the energy market. But, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) if you cancel your contract before it expires.
- Variable-rate plans: These plans are ideal for consumers who do not want a lengthy contract. Your monthly rate changes based on the wholesale energy cost, so your electricity bills may fluctuate depending on energy demand shifts throughout the year. However, with a variable-rate plan, you can change plans anytime without paying an ETF.
Enter your ZIP code to learn more about TXU Energy rates and plan types in your area.
No-deposit options from TXU Energy
Many electricity suppliers run credit checks and require deposits from customers who don’t meet their credit threshold. If you want to avoid paying a deposit or undergoing a credit check, a no-deposit plan such as a prepaid electricity plan could be your best choice. TXU Energy doesn’t offer prepaid plans, but you can filter your search results on our marketplace to find available no-deposit and prepaid plans.
Green energy with TXU Energy
Like all electricity plans in Texas, every TXU Energy plan includes some renewable energy. The company also offers 100% green plan options. You can even “green up” any TXU plan, and the company will buy electricity or renewable energy credits to offset your energy usage. You can learn about a plan’s renewable content by looking at its Electricity Facts Label (EFL).
Moving or transferring service with TXU Energy
If you’re moving within TXU’s service area, you can transfer your TXU plan by reaching out to TXU Energy directly. You can set up your new service on the same day or up to 90 days in advance. If you move to an area where TXU Energy does not operate, you can switch to a new provider without paying an ETF. Use the Choose Energy marketplace to explore plans and find cheap electricity in your new area by entering your new ZIP code.
Renting with TXU Energy
You can also sign up for a TXU Energy plan if you rent a home or apartment. TXU offers variable-rate plans, which can be an excellent choice for renters who want to avoid a long-term contract. You can also find TXU fixed-rate plans for terms as short as 12 months and transfer your energy plan whenever you move.
Most energy providers — including TXU — charge an ETF on their fixed-rate plans. You’ll pay this TXU cancellation fee if you cancel your service before your contract ends (unless you’re moving out of your provider’s service area). The fee depends on your provider and the length of your contract. TXU Energy charges fees ranging from $150 to $395 for early cancellations.
TXU Energy offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your plan, you can cancel within 60 days of your activation date without paying a cancellation fee. Before you cancel, the company will try to find a better fit for you in other TXU plans.
TXU Energy business electricity
TXU Energy offers personalized service and customizable plans for businesses of any size. TXU’s business plans have a 60-day satisfaction guarantee like its residential plans. Find out more about customized commercial electricity plan options and request a quote today.
Other TXU Energy initiatives
TXU Energy offers more than electricity plans. Here are some of the company’s other programs and community initiatives:
- Home protection plans: TXU Energy offers a variety of home protection plans to cover your heating and cooling systems, appliances, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Pass: If you have an EV, you can get 50% off your TXU Energy electricity rate every weeknight and all weekend.
- TXU Energy Aid: TXU Energy helps Texas residents struggling to pay their electricity bills.
- Trees Across Texas: TXU Energy has planted thousands of trees across various communities in Texas. Many come from the TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm and Education Center.
- Energy in Action: The company’s employee volunteer program encourages its team members to give back to local communities.
- Energy Assistance Workshops: This program informs social service agencies about electricity service and assistance plans.