TXU Energy is one of Texas’s leading energy providers. Choose Energy only partners with the most trusted energy companies and maintains strict criteria when choosing which providers to feature in our marketplace. When vetting each energy provider, we consider factors such as reliability, plan variety, affordability, and customer satisfaction. TXU Energy excels in each area, which is why we’re happy to feature the company in our marketplace.
Types of rates offered by TXU Energy
TXU Energy offers several different types of energy plans, including fixed- and variable-rate options.
- Fixed-rate plans: With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a set rate per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the electricity you use each month. Contracts tend to last from 12 to 36 months. This plan type is best for consumers who want stability and protection from changes in the energy market. However, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) if you end your contract early.
- Variable-rate plans: Variable-rate plans are ideal for consumers who don’t want to be locked into a contract. The rate you pay changes each month based on the wholesale cost of energy, so you can’t forecast your energy bills as easily. However, you can change plans anytime without an ETF, so this may be a good option if you plan on moving or changing plans again soon.
Enter your ZIP code to learn more about TXU energy rates and plan types in your area.
No-deposit options from TXU Energy
Many electric suppliers run credit checks and require deposits from customers who don’t have high credit scores. For those who wish to avoid paying a deposit or have a lower credit score, a prepaid, no-deposit plan might be the best option. TXU Energy doesn’t currently offer any prepaid plans, but you can explore other options by filtering your search results for no-deposit and prepaid plans on our marketplace.
Green energy with TXU Energy
Like all electricity plans in Texas, every TXU Energy plan features a portion of renewable energy. The company also offers 100% green plan options that offset your usage by purchasing renewable energy, such as Texas solar power. You can find out more about any plan’s renewable content on its Electricity Facts Label.
Moving or transferring service with TXU Energy
If you are moving to a new address, you can easily transfer your TXU Energy service. Just contact TXU Energy using one of the options below, and its service team can help you move your plan. You can set up your new service on the same day or up to 90 days in advance. If you are relocating to an area where TXU Energy does not operate and need to switch to a new provider, you can do so without paying an ETF. Use the Choose Energy marketplace to explore plans and providers in your new area.
Renting with TXU Energy
TXU Energy doesn’t just serve homeowners. You can also enjoy its service if you rent a home or apartment. TXU offers variable-rate plans, which can be a great choice for renters who want to avoid a long-term contract. You can also find shorter-term fixed-rate plans, making it easier to transfer your energy plan when you do move.
Most energy providers charge an ETF on their fixed-rate plans. You’ll pay this fee if you decide to cancel your service before the end of your contract (unless you’re moving out of your provider’s service area). The fee depends on your provider and the length of your contract. TXU Energy charges fees ranging from $150 to $395 for canceling your plan early.
TXU Energy offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your plan, you can cancel within 60 days of your activation date without paying a cancellation fee.
TXU Energy business electricity
TXU Energy offers personalized service and customizable plans for businesses, large and small. Each plan comes with a 60-day trial period. Find out more about customized business energy plan options and request a quote today.
Other TXU Energy initiatives
TXU Energy offers more than just electricity plans. Here are a couple of other programs and community initiatives the company has:
- Home protection plans: TXU Energy offers a variety of home protection plans to cover your heating and cooling systems, appliances, home systems, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- EV Pass: If you have an electric vehicle, you can get 50% off your TXU Energy electricity rate every weeknight and all weekend and enjoy electricity powered by 100% renewable energy.
- TXU Energy Aid: TXU Energy helps struggling Texans pay their electricity bills.
- Trees Across Texas: TXU Energy has provided its communities with more than 285,000 trees, many of which come from the TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm and Education Center.
- Energy in Action: This is the company’s employee volunteer program, which encourages employees to give back to local communities.
- Energy Assistance Workshops: This program aims to keep social service agencies informed about electricity service and available assistance plans.