TXU Energy is one of Texas’s leading energy providers. Choose Energy only partners with the most trusted energy companies and maintains strict criteria when choosing which providers to feature in our marketplace. Criteria we consider include reliability, variety of plans, affordability, and customer satisfaction. TXU Energy meets all of these criteria, which is why we’re happy to partner with them.
Types of rates offered by TXU Energy
TXU Energy offers several different types of energy plans, including fixed and variable rate options.
- Fixed rate plans: With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a single rate per kWh for the electricity that you use each month. Contracts tend to last from 12-36 months. This plan type is best for consumers who want stability and protection from changes in the energy market. However, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) if you end your contract early.
- Variable rate plans: Variable-rate plans are ideal for consumers who don’t want to be locked into a contract. The rate per kilowatt-hour you pay changes each month based on the wholesale cost of energy, so your bill is likely to fluctuate.
- Prepaid energy plans: Prepaid plans are a no-deposit option where you pay for electricity as you go. These plans also do not lock you into a contract and do not require a deposit to begin service. Consider a prepaid plan if you are looking to reduce your electricity usage and bill.
Enter your ZIP code into the Choose Energy marketplace to learn more about rates and plan types in your area.
No deposit options from TXU Energy
For those who wish to avoid paying a deposit or have a lower credit score, a no-deposit plan might be the best option. TXU Energy offers some no-deposit and prepaid plans. Enter your ZIP code above to find which TXU Energy no-deposit plans are available in your area.
Green energy with TXU Energy
TXU Energy offers several green plan options using renewable energy from the solar power available in Texas. There are Solar Value, Solar Saver, Solar Club, and Free Nights & Solar Days plans. The amount of renewable energy in these plans ranges from 6% to 100%, which you can find more about by reviewing the Electricity Facts Label of your plan.
Moving or transferring service with TXU Energy
If you are moving to a new address, you can easily transfer your TXU Energy service. Just contact TXU Energy using one of the options below and they can help you move your plan. If you are relocating to an area where TXU Energy does not operate or want to switch to a new provider, you can do so without paying an early termination fee. Use the Choose Energy marketplace to find providers in your new area.
Renting with TXU Energy
TXU Energy doesn’t just serve homeowners. You can also shop their plans if you rent a home or apartment. TXU offers variable-rate plans, meaning you aren’t locked into a contract. You can also find shorter-term fixed-rate plans. And the good news is that it’s easy to transfer your energy plan when you move.
Most energy providers charge an early termination fee on their fixed-rate plans. You’ll pay this fee if you decide to cancel your service before the end of your contract. The fee depends on your provider and the length of the plan you have. TXU Energy charges fees ranging from $150 to $395 for early termination of your plan.
TXU Energy offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your plan, you can cancel within 60 days of your activation date and avoid paying a cancellation fee.
TXU Energy business electricity
TXU Energy offers personalized service and customizable plans for businesses, large and small. Each plan comes with a 60-day trial. Find out more about a customized business energy plan and request a quote today.
Other TXU Energy initiatives
TXU Energy doesn’t just offer electricity plans. Here are a couple of other initiatives the company offers:
- Home protection plans: TXU Energy offers a variety of home protection plans to cover your heating and cooling systems, appliances, home systems, plumbing, electricity, and even your entire home.
- EV Pass: If you have an electric vehicle, you can get 50% off energy charges every weeknight and all weekend with electricity powered by 100% renewable energy.
TXU Energy has developed several programs to aid its local communities, including:
- TXU Energy Aid: EXU Energy helps struggling Texans pay their electricity bills.
- Trees Across Texas: TXU Energy has provided more than 285,000 trees to its communities.
- Energy in Action: This is the company’s employee volunteer program, which encourages employees to give back to local communities.
- Energy Assistance Workshops: This program aims to keep social service agencies informed.