TXU Energy is one of the top energy providers in the Lone Star State. At Choose Energy, we only partner with the most trusted electricity companies and maintain strict criteria when choosing which providers to feature in our marketplace. We consider factors such as reliability, plan variety, affordability, and customer satisfaction. TXU Energy excels in each area, which is why we’re happy to feature the company in our marketplace.
Types of rates offered by TXU Energy
There are several types of TXU Energy plans to choose from, including fixed- and variable-rate options.
- Fixed-rate plans: With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a set rate per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the electricity you use each month. Most fixed-rate contracts last between 12 and 36 months. This type of plan is ideal for consumers who want stability and protection from changes in the energy market. However, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) if you leave your contract before it expires.
- Variable-rate plans: Variable-rate plans are ideal for consumers who don’t want to be locked into a contract. Your rate changes each month based on the wholesale cost of energy, so you can’t forecast your energy bills as easily as you would with a fixed-rate plan. However, you can change plans anytime without paying an ETF, so this may be a good option if you aren’t sure about your long-term plans.
Enter your ZIP code to learn more about TXU Energy rates and plan types in your area.
No-deposit options from TXU Energy
Many electric suppliers run credit checks and require deposits from customers who don’t have high credit scores. If you want to avoid paying an upfront deposit or prefer not to have your credit checked, then a prepaid, no-deposit plan might be the best option. TXU Energy doesn’t currently offer any prepaid plans, but you can explore other options on our marketplace by filtering your search results for no-deposit and prepaid plans.
Green energy with TXU Energy
Like all electricity plans in Texas, every TXU Energy plan includes a portion of renewable energy. The company also offers 100% green plan options, which are completely sourced from renewable energy, such as Texas solar power. You can even “green up” any TXU plan, and the company will buy electricity or renewable energy credits to offset your energy usage. You can find out more about any plan’s renewable content on its Electricity Facts Label (EFL).
Moving or transferring service with TXU Energy
If you’re moving within TXU’s service area, you can easily transfer your TXU plan — just reach out to TXU Energy using one of the options below. You can set up your new service on the same day or up to 90 days in advance. If you are relocating to an area where TXU Energy does not operate, you can switch to a new provider without paying an ETF. Use the Choose Energy marketplace to explore plans and find cheap electricity in your new area.
Renting with TXU Energy
TXU Energy doesn’t serve only homeowners — you can also sign up for a plan if you rent a home or apartment. TXU offers variable-rate plans, which can be a great choice for renters who want to avoid a long-term contract. You can also find fixed-rate plans for terms as short as 10 months, making it easier to transfer your TXU energy plan whenever you move.
Most energy providers — including TXU — charge an ETF on their fixed-rate plans. You’ll pay this TXU cancellation fee if you cancel your service before your contract ends (unless you’re moving out of your provider’s service area). The fee depends on your provider and the length of your contract. TXU Energy charges fees ranging from $150 to $395 for canceling your plan early.
Unlike some of its competitors, TXU Energy offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your plan, you can cancel within 60 days of your activation date without paying a cancellation fee. Before you cancel, the company will try to find a better fit from other available TXU plans.
TXU Energy business electricity
TXU Energy offers personalized service and customizable plans for businesses of any size. Like its residential plans, TXU’s business plans come with a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. Find out more about customized commercial electricity plan options and request a quote today.
Other TXU Energy initiatives
TXU Energy offers more than just electricity plans. Here are some of the company’s other programs and community initiatives:
- Home protection plans: TXU Energy offers a variety of home protection plans to cover your heating and cooling systems, appliances, home systems, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- EV Pass: If you have an electric vehicle, you can get 50% off your TXU Energy electricity rate every weeknight and all weekend with 100% renewable energy.
- TXU Energy Aid: TXU Energy helps Texas residents who are struggling to pay their electricity bills.
- Trees Across Texas: TXU Energy has provided its communities with more than 285,000 trees, many of which come from the TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm and Education Center.
- Energy in Action: This is the company’s employee volunteer program, which encourages its team members to give back to local communities.
- Energy Assistance Workshops: This program aims to inform social service agencies about electricity service and assistance plans.