ChooseEnergy.com® is not affiliated with North American Power
About North American Power
North American Power was founded in 2009 as a utility company for the Greater New England area. The company has been named by Inc. 500 as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. North American Power serves electricity and natural gas customers in 63 utility territories across 12 states, including Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Ohio.
Enter your ZIP code above to see if North American Power offers plans in your area.
North American Power main energy services
North American Power for home
North American Power offers residential energy plans with variable and fixed rates. Fixed rate plans may be applied for 10 to 12 months, with an early termination fee.
North American Power for business
North American Power also has energy plans for small and large businesses. Anyone with a commercial address will need to get a business account.
Green energy with North American Power
North American Power has a natural gas plan with 100% clean gas. Carbon offsets are purchased for 100% of the emissions from the natural gas customers use. They also have a 100% green electric energy plan in some areas. Under this plan, customers can expect all of their energy use to be offset through the purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs).
Energy plan FAQs
- What is a fixed-rate energy plan? Under a fixed rate energy plan, the rate you pay for your energy usage is set in your contract and does not change. Many plans last for increments of 6 to 12 months, but some suppliers also let you lock in a fixed rate for 24 months so you don’t have to shop around regularly in an attempt to lower your bill.
- What is a variable-rate energy plan? With a variable rate plan, your monthly rate may change. Your rate is tied to the state’s electricity market and it will fluctuate accordingly.
- Why is a credit check required? Credit checks are often required in the energy buying process. They let suppliers know if you should be charged a deposit before starting service. When you shop for energy on Choose Energy, we’ll let you know whether a deposit may be required. A few plans don’t require a credit check, and you can learn more on our deposits page.
- What happens if I move? Depending on your supplier, you may be charged an early termination fee if you move without transferring service. North American Power charges a $50 fee for some of its plans. If you transfer power to your new home, you may be able to keep the same contract and avoid this fee. And, of course, if you’re moving out of the area, you can always shop on Choose Energy again to find a new plan to switch to in your new location.
A few things to remember
Don’t forget to read your plan’s documentation before signing up. It contains important information about your electricity or gas plan, including:
- How much you will pay every month per kWh usage
- The percentage of your energy sourced from renewable resources
- If you are responsible for early termination or other fees
Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order for energy or gas has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility company. While there should not be an interruption to your power during the switch, you may want to communicate with your new supplier to find out when the switch will happen.
Understanding your electricity bill. Your local utility company will deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure like power meters and power lines. You’ll notice utility fees listed as TDU or TDSP on your bill, and these are separate from the rate your new supplier charges you based on usage.
Contact North American Power
- Headquarters: 1500 Rankin Rd., Suite 200, Houston, TX 77073
- Bill pay: Call 877-572-3368
- Customer service: Call 877-572-0442
- Outages: Contact your utility company