Deregulated energy means that Texas residents have a lot more choice where electricity is concerned. Whether your contract is ending or you’re just unhappy with your current provider, Choose Energy can help find the right fit for your home and lifestyle. Avoid termination fees and service issues with a few important things to know, and then enter your ZIP code to get started.
- Even if your contract isn’t up yet, you can still secure a rate now for up to 90 days in the future.
- You can switch providers up to 14 days before your contract ends with no early termination fee.
- There is no need to cancel your currently electric provider prior to activating a new service as this will be handled automatically through your utility. Disconnecting your current provider can actually cause a lapse of service rather than a seamless transition.
- Most renewal rates are higher than new customer introductory rates, which plays a large factor in why users switch providers. If your currently company is offering a renewal rate that’s less than the market rates you find online, we suggest obtaining the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) for the new plan offered to ensure validity.
- You can cancel your switch to a new retail electric provider with no early termination fee as long as you cancel within 3 days of receiving your Terms of Service agreement, regardless if you received your TOS agreement in the mail or online.
About Choose Energy
Who is Choose Energy?
We are a marketplace committed to educating visitors about energy deregulation and helping them find an energy plan that fits their needs. Our easy-to-use online marketplace makes it simple to find available suppliers, compare plans, and make the switch – all in a matter of minutes. We work only with trusted providers, including TXU Energy, Direct Energy, and Reliant Energy.
Where does Choose Energy operate?
Currently, we serve customers in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. To find out what options are available in your area, enter your ZIP code in the search box above.
Why should I choose Choose Energy?
We take the mystery and hassle out of shopping around for new energy services. All you need to do is enter your ZIP code to start comparing plans. By choosing a plan from our selection of vetted and trusted suppliers, you can rest easy knowing you’ll receive reliable and uninterrupted energy service. Even after you’ve switched, Choose Energy keeps working for you. We keep track of when your contract expires and will let you know when it’s time to start shopping for a new plan again.