More than 550,000 households and over 85,000 businesses in Connecticut have taken advantage of energy choice. All energy consumers in CT, from large corporations to your next-door neighbors, have the ability to shop around for their electricity supply.
What is energy choice?
What's the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority?
The Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection’s Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) plays a role in energy choice by facilitating competitive supplier choices and educating Connecticut consumers. PURA also authorizes licenses for electricity suppliers to ensure they have met strict requirements for doing business in Connecticut, and powers Energize CT, a tool that consumers can use to compare electric options.
How is Choose Energy different from Energize Connecticut?
Choose Energy also enables you to compare electric suppliers, but our easy-to use online marketplace offers additional benefits.
- Shop only the best plans: We help you shop smart by carefully vetting the plans we offer so you won’t fall prey to any hidden fees or teaser rates.
- Find unique rates you can’t find anywhere else: Thanks to our strong relationships with suppliers, we can negotiate special rates for our customers.
- Find the option that fits your lifestyle: Whether it’s saving money, or going green, we make it easy to sort through your options.
- Compare and shop all in one place: With ChooseEnergy.com, you can compare plans, see actual rates in real time and make the switch all in one place. With Energize Connecticut, you can compare plans, but that’s about it.
- Get the support you need: Choose Energy provides ongoing support and even notifies you when your plan is about to expire so you can avoid price increases.
Enter your ZIP above to start shopping for better rates.