ChooseEnergy.com® is not affiliated with Texpo Energy
About Texpo Energy
Founded in 2006, Texpo Energy is a Houston-based electricity provider that serves residential and business customers across Texas. The company offers a selection of fixed-rate and variable-rate plans, along with renewable energy options.
Wondering if Texpo Energy plans are available in your city? Submit your ZIP code above to find plans and providers near you.
Texpo Energy energy plans
Texpo Saver 36
If you’re open to a long-term fixed-rate plan, the Texpo Saver 36 might be a good option for you. This three-year plan is the lengthiest of Texpo Energy’s offerings, and you’ll need to sign up for autopay in order to sign up.
Clear Blue Skies 12
As Texpo Energy’s only all-renewable energy option, this plan comes with a one-year agreement. Like the company’s other plans, you’ll have to pay a $175 early termination fee if you end your contract early.
Try Us Out
If you aren’t keen on signing a long-term agreement, check out Texpo Energy’s month-to-month Try Us Out plan. However, it’s important to know that this is a variable-rate electricity plan, which means that your rate could go up and down between billing cycles. Also, it is not a prepaid plan.
Texpo’s Savings 12
Finally, this 12-month fixed-rate plan allows you to lock in a certain electricity rate for a year (you’ll have to sign up for autopay). Like Texpo Energy’s other fixed-rate plans, you’ll have to pay a fee of $175 if you cancel your contract early.
Texpo Energy reviews
Choose Energy reviews providers that sell power in the Texas market, but it has not reviewed Texpo Energy yet. We base reviews on customer history, state complaint scores, online accessibility and more. The company does have accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
Texpo Energy main energy services
Texpo Energy for residential customers
As a Texas-based company, Texpo Energy markets itself as a low-cost electricity provider serving customers across the Lone Star State. Overall, Texpo Energy has a fairly well-rounded selection of energy plans. However, all of its plans (other than the Try Us Out) are fixed-rate plans, so customers interested in variable-rate plans don’t have a huge amount of choice. Also, it doesn’t seem as if Texpo Energy offers any no-deposit plans, but the Choose Energy marketplace has other options.
Texpo Energy for business customers
Outside of its residential electricity plans, Texpo Energy also serves small and large businesses. If you own a small business in Texas, you can sign up for Texpo Energy’s commercial energy plans online, but if your business is larger, you’ll need to contact one of their representatives.
Green energy options with Texpo Energy
Texpo Energy’s Clear Blue Skies plan is designed for customers that want to reduce their environmental impact. With this plan, Texpo Energy will purchase renewable energy credits (RECs) to feed into the grid and offset your usage.
Other Texpo Energy initiatives
Unlike other electricity providers, Texpo Energy doesn’t offer any other products or services outside of its energy plans. However, like Ambit Energy, the company recruits “partners” to sell plans on its behalf.
Texpo Energy service areas
Texpo Energy sells electricity plans to customers in all deregulated areas of Texas, including in the service areas of Oncor, CenterPoint, Texas-New Mexico Power, AEP Texas Central, and AEP Texas North. Some of the cities served by Texpo Energy include:
Texas energy plan FAQs
- What happens if I move? If you move, you can generally choose to switch providers without incurring an early termination fee (if you can prove that you’re moving). Or, if you don’t have a contract that you’re locked into, you can set up a new plan before you move into your new home.
- What is a fixed-rate plan? With a fixed-rate plan, you’ll get the lock in a certain electricity rate for the duration of your plan. Typically, you’ll need to sign an agreement for at least six months to get a fixed rate.
- What is a variable-rate plan? On the other hand, a variable-rate plan doesn’t require you to enter into a long-term arrangement with your supplier. However, your electricity rate could increase and decrease each month, which makes your bill somewhat unpredictable.
- Who do I call if there’s an outage? Your utility company is responsible for delivering power and overseeing the infrastructure within its service area. You should call that company (not Texpo Energy) when you need to report an outage.
A few things to remember
Check out the Electricity Facts Label before buying a plan. Every electricity plan has one of these helpful guides, which outlines important details such as:
- Your electricity rate per kilowatt-hour
- The amount of renewable energy included in your plan
- Fees you may be charged (including early termination fees)
Setting up your service is simple. After you sign up for a plan, your new provider will let your utility company know. You shouldn’t experience any interruption to your service during this process.
Learn how to read your electricity bill. Although your electricity provider will send your bill and accept your payments, you’ll still see a charge from your local utility company (also called a transmission and distribution service provider or TDSP). This utility is included to pay for the costs of maintaining power infrastructure in your area.