We have provided you with some of our competitive rates in your area, which we have determined to be 77005.
|Supplier||Plan||Energy Term Length||Price per kWh|
|Live Brighter 12||12 month fixed||9.90¢|
|Free Power Weekends 12||12 month fixed||10.20¢|
Direct Energy – the lowdown
Direct Energy is one of the largest retail energy providers in North America, serving more than 4 million homes and businesses across the country. The company’s goal is to “continue to lead energy innovation through connected experiences that make a difference in people’s lives.” Based in Houston, Texas, Direct Energy offers customers competitive rates for electric and natural gas plans, so that every customer can find a plan that fits his or her budget.
Direct Energy also encourages its customers to take control of their energy through online energy tracking and green energy resources. Through key partnerships with other reliable energy companies and an extensive network of home service professionals, Direct Energy can tailor customers’ energy services to fit each’s needs. To find a Direct Energy plan in your area, visit the Choose Energy marketplace or click on your state below.
How energy choice works
In certain states, residents can select energy providers for their homes and/or businesses. The electricity or natural gas. Why? Choice is designed to produce competitive pressure to keep prices affordable.
Here’s how Choose Energy helps. Simply tell us your ZIP code and we’ll find the Direct Energy plans available in your area, as well as plans from other suppliers that could serve you. Simply decide on the rate, term and other factors (such as green energy options) that appeal to you and compare what’s available.
Once you’ve made your choice and signed up with a new provider through our marketplace, the supplier will do the rest. Regardless of which provider a customer selects, energy will continue to be delivered to his or her home or business by the utility serving the area.
Remember, your energy is still delivered by a utility. If you are experiencing an outage or other emergency, call your local utility – not Direct Energy!
Additional Home Services:
Direct Energy does more than just supply energy to customers; Direct Energy has a team of professional and reliable home service technicians that can fix or update customers’ energy appliances, including:
HVAC services | Electrical service | Plumbing services | Home Protection Plans
Home service availability varies by area, so enter your ZIP code to find out if you’re eligible.
- Fixed-rate plans: With Direct Energy’s Price Protection Plans you can enjoy a fixed rate for up to two full years. That means more predictability on your utility bill.
- Variable-rate plans: have greater flexibility by paying a variable rate from month to month with no long-term contract. You’ll be notified if any significant increases occur.
- Prepaid plans: Pay in advance for your electricity and receive daily messages regarding your account balance and usage. No deposit or credit check required.
- Green or renewable energy plans: These fixed-rate plans offer 100% renewable energy while protecting you from rate hikes.
- Home services: Direct Energy aspires to be a full-service energy company, not only supplying electricity and natural gas but also offering products to help consumers take control over their energy and heating bills. Some of these products include: Smart thermostats, HVAC installation and service, Energy audits, Energy management consulting, Water heater maintenance, Direct Energy Solar
Ready to explore the Direct Energy plan options for your home or business? Visit the Choose Energy marketplace to get started!
Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas
Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas
Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania