How has deregulation impacted Mission?
Check out the most recent statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
- Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 11.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 28.33 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind.
- Texas is in the top five each month for generation of electricity from solar energy.
It all started in 2002, when Texas deregulated its energy market. Deregulation gives the majority of the Lone Star State the power to choose energy suppliers from a pool of companies. The idea: Competition would cause energy providers to lower prices and, in turn, drive down energy costs for consumers.
The Choose Energy marketplace offers affordable rates and all types of plans for Mission residents. Click the links below to learn more about the energy industry and the types of plans you can sign up for:
Signing up for an energy plan is like shopping for anything else. Because you’re no longer limited to a single service, you can choose the best and more reasonably priced energy supplier. Enter your ZIP code above to explore reliable and trusted electric companies in Mission.