How has deregulation affected Wylie?
Here’s what the latest statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show:
- Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 11.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 28.33 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind.
- Texas is in the top five each month for generation of electricity from solar energy.
While there are still some cities in Texas where energy is regulated, a majority opted for deregulation starting in 2002. This drastically changed the way the industry operated. Where previously residents were required to purchase energy from the utility company that managed their area of the state, now they have many providers vying for their business. While residents now need to search for energy plans, this also allows them to find lower prices and a variety of options to suit their needs.
If you’re looking for the best electric company in Wylie for your energy needs, explore the Choose Energy marketplace which offers a wide variety of resources, including the following:
Today signing up for an energy plan is similar to shopping for anything else. With Choose Energy’s 24/7 online marketplace, consumers can compare plans from trusted providers and pick what fits their home best. Prices change regularly and can be seasonally affected, so enter your ZIP code above to see today’s offerings in your area.