How has deregulation affected Denton?
Here’s what the latest statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show:
- Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 11.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 28.33 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind energy.
- Texas generates the fifth-highest amount of electricity from solar energy.
The Texas energy market was deregulated for a majority of the state in 2002. This put a stop to utility monopolies and opened the market up to competition among many energy retailers. The idea behind deregulation is that customers now have more options for their electricity supply. Instead of being limited to one plan and one rate, they can compare the electric rates in Denton, or anywhere in Texas, before they buy a plan or lock in a rate.
Choose Energy’s 24/7 marketplace is set up to help Denton residents do just that, with current rates based on your ZIP code. Providers offer many different types of plans, including fixed and variable rates, green energy options, prepaid plans, and more. You can also find more information on the following:
- No deposit electricity plans: You can skip paying a deposit on your energy plan even if you don’t have a high credit score. Choose Energy’s marketplace offers a large variety of plans, including those with zero-deposit options for customers with low credit scores. Choose Energy only pulls a soft credit check so your credit score won’t be impacted.
- How to move your electric service: Moving always comes with a long list of to-do’s, including contacting your energy provider. Choose Energy can guide you through the process of finding a new provider, avoiding early termination fees, and determining the average electrical usage of your new home when you move.
- Switch to a different provider: Switching your energy provider doesn’t have to be a hassle. Choose Energy can help you secure the best rate, show you why switching providers can be a cheaper option than renewing, and help you avoid early termination fees.
Enter your ZIP code above to see the latest offers and the current electricity rates Denton has to offer.