Effective in 2002, the Texas legislature voted to deregulate electricity service. Up until then, Kingsville residents didn’t have any choice when it came to Kingsville electric providers. And because they didn’t have options, they might pay higher rates for service since providers didn’t have competition to incentivize them to offer favorable prices.
Now, there’s choice for residents, which means they can find better rates and save money. Benefits of deregulation in Texas include:
- Texas residential electricity rates are 10 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 23 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 16 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind.
- Texas generates the fifth-highest amount of electricity from solar energy.
When searching for the right provider for you, start with Choose Energy. We can help you find the best plan to fit your home or business’s needs. We’re an online marketplace that compares all electric suppliers in your area. With us, you’ll gain access to current rates, the types of rates available in your area, and much more. This also includes alternative options such as no deposit electricity plans or plans where you pay as you go.
What’s more, we make it easy to compare plans quickly. Once you enter your ZIP code, we’ll give you a list of suppliers in the area. And when you find a plan you like, you can click on the plan details. This accesses a drop down label, giving you pertinent information about your plan including any early termination fees that might apply, incentives, and more.
Moreover, we can help you make the move to a new Texas provider easily. We can also show you step-by-step how you can switch to a different provider while also understanding everything involved in that from early termination fees to knowing which new plan is right for you.