How has deregulation impacted The Woodlands?
Here are the latest statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
- Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 11.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 28.33 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind.
- Texas is in the top five each month for generation of electricity from solar energy.
Texas deregulated its energy market in 2002, allowing consumers to choose their energy provider from a pool of companies. The expectation was that this power to choose would result in competitive pricing between companies and lower energy bills for consumers.
Signing up for an energy plan is like shopping for anything else. Because you’re no longer limited to a single service, you can choose a reliable energy supplier that fits your electricity needs. Enter your ZIP code above to see what suppliers in your area are offering.
The Choose Energy marketplace is where The Woodlands residents can find the best electric company The Woodlands can offer. Here you can shop for all kinds of rates and plans, as well as helpful resources, including: